Friday, November 26, 2010

Free Stuff: Windows Live Writer


I decided to try out Windows Live writer, since it does work with blogger.  Perhaps I won’t have to load my browser to use Scribefire – which, by the way, is excellent for blogging, except you do have to load your browser, which means that if you have a lot of plugins (as I always do), it may take a while to load.

Posting directly from blogger isn’t so bad either, but once again, you still have to wait for the browser to load.
Writer on the other hand is free for Windows user and you have to at least have XP service pack 2 according to their website.  This is good, you don’t have to pay for an upgrade to Win Vista or 7 to get it.  You can download the whole package here, or you can download just the writer here.

So far, it’s been pretty easy.  Setting up is a no-brainer.  When you first load live writer, it asks you for your blog username and password.  Then you just have to wait. 

Now you are set to go.  Not only is it easy to set up, but you can manage multiple blogs.  So far I have this blog and my WordPress Blog set up.  Yes, I finally set up a WordPress blog just to see how Writer handles it.  Haven’t gotten around to it yet.  As a matter of fact, I haven’t tested many features at all.  I just wanted to see how quickly I can get a blog post up.

So there you have it.  If nothing else at all, you can at least post from Writer very quickly and easily – and of course, it’s FREE.

I'm still testing Windows Live Writer so in the near future, I may come back to this topic.
Enhanced by Zemanta