Sunday, July 13, 2014

The Kitchen Tool to End all Kitchen Tools.

A few weeks ago, my blender arrived in the mail. I went with the same one I had last time for several reasons. One of the reasons is that it's the only blender I could find that has a 550 watt motor.

The other reason was price. At the time of my purchase, it was a little less than $70. It lasted me two years before the blades broke, but  most blenders last about the same length of time and have a much smaller motor. They have since changed how the blades attach. So far, the blades  haven't randomly fallen off, which I believe contributed to their demise.

It comes with four blades, including an aerator which allows you to whip cream and egg whites. I have also whipped egg whites and cream with the four blade attachment so you aren't limited to use just one blade.

As a matter of fact, I pretty much just use the four blade for everything. I'm kind of lazy like that.

I haven't used the food processor until recently. In Vermont, I was able to buy almond meal easily for a reasonable price.

Here, on the other hand, almond meal seems to cost an arm and a leg. The only way to get it reasonably is to order it online and it takes a few days to get here.

Since I didn't want to wait and I like to keep my limbs, I opted to make my own almond meal in the food processor. It took only a half a minute and the results were impressive. Now I can have almond meal whenever I want for the price of almonds that I buy in Sam's Club. Although it's still better

The real test will be 6 months from now. Since it replaced most of my kitchen tools, I use it even more now than I ever did before. I'll have to keep you posted.


You can check out (and purchase) the blender here.