Monday, January 18, 2010

Unintentional Iced Coffee


A typical day.  I get up in the morning and make myself a coffee.  Sometime in between then and when the kids are doing schoolwork (we homeschool), my coffee gets cold.  Since we keep the house pretty cool to keep energy costs down, my coffee is iced cold.  The answer was to drink it as quickly as possible, causing a serious caffeine buzz that was gone by lunchtime resulting in yet another cup of coffee that I drink very quickly that results in another serious caffeine buzz that was gone by...  I think you get the idea.

I finally bought and insulated cup a few years back.  What a lifesaver.  It was nice going about my day, sipping hot coffee throughout most of the morning and warm coffee after lunch.  Okay, it wasn't perfect, but only because I wouldn't put the cover on it.

When I did put the cover on, I stayed hot for quite some time.  It wasn't until around 3:00pm when I noticed that it was cooling off.  What's more, if I didn't forget to keep the sipping whole covered and it was knocked over, it wouldn't spill.  It was leak proof.  Really cool (or hot), if you have five kids.

Check out the Thermos© Thermax here.
Powered by ScribeFire.



Powered by ScribeFire.