Thursday, December 20, 2012

Moving my Personal Blog.

This is icon for social networking website. Th...
This is icon for social networking website. This is part of Open Icon Library's webpage icon package. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
I finally decided to install a WordPress blog on my personal site. Don’t get me wrong, I really like blogger and I have nothing against Google. In fact, I’m keeping MOMETEK right here where I think it belongs. I just wanted to try something different. Perhaps, having a personal blog on the same server/site as my personal page makes better sense, anyway.

Another reason for this change: My old blog is pretty much dead.  I was just using it as a means to vent. “Nancie’s Web Family Life” was about anything but my family life, and after several years, I still don’t have more than 10-15 hits a day. It’s time to start over.

So, I changed the name to “This Boring Life”.  The name will give me a little more blogging freedom, but I will keep the rants for another blog, or Google+.  Google+ and similar social networking sites are full of rants, personal ramblings, what’s for dinner, and all sorts of illnesses. I would (and do) fit right in.

As of this post, I haven’t started on the layout yet. So, at the moment, it’s just the standard template that was already installed. Soon after a post this, I will be getting started on the template.

This isn't the last time you'll hear of WordPress.  I will be blogging on it again, soon.
Enhanced by Zemanta