Tuesday, April 25, 2017

A Heads up to YouTube

*Sigh*

I was actually going to do some research on something other than YouTube, but apparently, something else has come up.

(warning, video does contain harsh language)

It appears they aren't exactly leaving, but most of their content (their podcast) is now going to be on Twitch. However, this is a start of content providers moving and if you think their subscribers are going to stay and watch YouTube videos for "ad friendly" content - think again.

I'm going to level with you. I'm not subscribed to H3H3 and I'm not interested in his show. However, it's only my opinion, and I can see that he is a favorite among other YouTubers. As a matter of fact, over 3 million disagree with me.

I'd say about 2 million of that will go where H3H3 goes. They will not look back. That's 2 million that won't even look at an Ad and could possibly boycott a product if the company makes them angry enough (I'm looking at you, Pepsi).

So much of taking advantage of a hot market to sell your product.

YouTube (and subsequently Google), do NOT ignore your content creators. They are just as much as customers as the viewers. If they leave, they will take most of their viewers with them and you will kill what made YouTube great in the first place.

Oh, yeah. Bring fan funding back. I suspect it will do better now.