Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Making a Website for Profit. Part Three

George dollar
George dollar (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Part One | Part Two | Part Three

There's yet another blog site. Not that I recommend going away from blogger, but this might be best for those who don't want the bells and whistles that blogger provides. The same bells and whistles that could distract you from getting your thoughts onto the screen.

It's called Medium and it was created (surprise) by the original founder of blogger. It's also one of the apps that you can put on to you strikingly website.

The app allows you to either put your own profile on there, which will post your own unique content. Or, if you are not that creative, you can create your own category, and add your favorite story, or if you are lazy, you can just add a random category.

At the time of this writing, I don't have any content or categories of my own, but I did find a category called "Matter". Matter had a few interesting tech articles, so I figured that was the best choice.

Call me lazy, but really, I'm just impatient.

Okay, I was distracted. I wanted to get this article out sooner, but spent most of the time reading articles that had nothing to do with this post. This brings me to my warning: The articles are written by very talented people and if you are not careful, you will not be able to get anything done.

Anyway, Medium is fully integrated with Strikingly making it easier to get content onto your page. Getting fresh content onto your page will draw potential customers.