Saturday, March 15, 2014

More On CafePress

money
money (Photo credit: 401(K) 2013)
Okay, so I've been working on CafePress for the last couple of days. I think I would have been done sooner, but a few unrelated problems came up. Which I've been ranting about on Google plus lately.

CafePress has changed their pricing structure. This was a good change. Instead of having a free version vs a paid version, it's the same store with different ways of paying. The "no upfront costs" version is essentially free if you don't sell anything, but if you do sell something, they make a percentage of your profits.

If you make more than $50 (as what their site states), you might want to go with the monthly payment option, in which you pay a monthly fee instead of a percentage. It's cheaper to pay yearly, of course.

They have added more products making their selection quite large. Besides T-shirts, mugs and maybe a few bags, they've added some Waterbottles, thermoses, baby products and a lot more clothing. I don't know how many products I may be adding, but it's like a kid in a candy shop: exciting and overwhelming.

Their new pricing structure had brought down the base price on a lot of items, but to be competitive, some items you only can make pennies on. The Journal I have set up is only marked up about 50 cents to remain competitive, but the KOR Water bottle, at least on CafePress, competitive means I make a little more.

This is probably the easiest way to make money online. At least, there's no upfront costs. So you can still start a blog, and sell items without having any cash onhand... I think.

I have yet to sell anything. Next post: Attracting customers (or something like that).

Related articles
Enhanced by Zemanta